Skip to main content

Meteor Shower


It's not the Taiwanese F4, but tonight (August 12 @ 11:30 ~ 3 am) a meteor shower is going to happen. Tonight is the peak of The Perseid meteor shower,also known as the "Tears of Saint Lawrence".

I am looking in the skies while typing this entry and hoping all of my wishes with every star that falls may come true (if the sky would clear up a little, Oh! Grrr... it's raining T.T!!!).

Say your wishes too tonight! ^^

"Wish I may, wish I might
get the wishes we're wishing tonight"

Comments

wendy said…
we have a clear sky here in Seoul. now, you make me want to look up and make my own wishes hehehe. thanks for this info.
bittersweet said…
saw one that looked like a shooting star while we were driving home last night.
jehan said…
oh, sayang... i enjoyed watching a meteor shower when i was in first year college (2001), buti may assignment kami sa technical drawing maalala ko. i woke up my sister around 1am para lang may companion akong nakatingala sa tabi ng kalsada, don kase di mapuno.. now i know why google has a meteor shower logo...
Nhemskie said…
For Eden: It sounded like you really had a bad night. Cheer up!

For Wendy: You're always welcome~ Wendy! With or without meteor showers, let's wish for the best!

For Emma: Wow~ I stayed 'til 2 am and got tired of waiting for the skies to clear up. Say, did you say your wishes??? (wink -* wink -*)

For Jehan: Hihihih... it must have been a sight! Your story reminded me of what happened to me last 2000 meteor shower, the only thing was, I saw it alone sa tabi ng kalsada..hihihih ^^

For Cheryle: I missed it too! hihihi... we surely need a series of meteor showers or a dozen of genies (?) for our wishes. kk
bittersweet said…
It was only a split second past midnight I think. I wished to get rich someday... how's that for a wish!
Nhemskie said…
@Emma: It was one of my wishes too! LOL ^^
Russ said…
I didn't get to see the meteor shower. I got confused with the dates that were reported.Ö

Blog.Hopping
Hope you don't mind me snoopin' around.
Nhemskie said…
For Russ: oh, sayang naman. Please do drop by whenever you like. You're always welcome^^

Popular posts from this blog

Samsung's AMOLED

Yup. I have a new phone and this is because of Chloe. She knocked out my phone so hard on the bathroom floor that made the monitor useless for two whole days! I went to a near Anycall service center and actually planned to repair it but they said that I had to pay for around 25,000won for a part replacement, I just thought of buying a new one since there are a lot of free phones nowadays and I had used my phone for more than two years. To pay 25k for an old, really full of scratches phone (because of Chloe) is too much for me since sooner or later I also need to replace it. In the end, it turned out not to be a free phone(850,000 won / $690). Tommy bought this phone for me saying that I need a "much, much better phone" because of his daughter...hahaha! and because I've been always using free phones since I came here in Korea (which are NOT really FREE PHONES because of the additional services included in the phone bill for the first few months). So, I resulted picking thi...

The Woes of a Filipino English Teacher

by Thess Manangan (Busan, South Korea) ---------------------------------- This aticle was shared with us by Ate Thess last Saturday at the FEESK meeting. It was published as a featured article in KOTESOL's English Connection ten years ago. We were very thankful and fortunate to have her as a guest speaker this month. Thanks ate Thess~! --------------------------------- Are native speaking English teachers better qualified to teach English than non-native speaking English teachers? Since living in Korea for more than six years, I have asked myself this question countless times. Non-native speakers of English, especially non-white Asians, face a difficult task finding quality teaching positions. Being Filipino, I have faced many closed doors when looking for teaching posts. It is not easy because Koreans hold certain perceptions of what foreign English teachers should look and sound like. If you don’t fit their perception, then you are simply “not qualified” to teach English. I came ...

Class Attention Getters

My students prized possessions: Syringe mechanical pencil M&M style calculator Burger set erasers Ice cream mechanical pencil Pizza ballpen